Saturday, August 20, 2005

House House House House Music

So I caught up with my Chicago girls last night and went to see the premiere of a documentary on Chicago house music, called The Unusual Suspects. Made me nostalgic for those days of music so loud that it throbs through your body from the inside out. Oh, and you liked it.

Trouble with growing up with this kind of music is that you listened to mixes on the radio, and each one was different and unique, so you can't really recapture that experience now just by shopping the "oldies" section of the record store. (makes me shudder to even think of my music qualifying as an "oldie"!)

3 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Marisa said...

All I have to say is, don't drink the punch!

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Hi Olga! Hey, how's that drop stitch shrug coming along?

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Hope that didn't sound snarky. I'm seriously curious about the shrug! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home