Thursday, October 27, 2005

I hope to look more put together than this for the wedding.

Constant readers:

Here, at long last, are a couple of pictures of the Flower Basket Shawl! Modeled with the dress it was knit for, found at Ann Taylor in the spring on super-sale. Specs for the shawl must come later, since I need to put myself to bed so that I can get up at some ungodly hour in the am to drive to Houston for my conference and then fly out tomorrow night for San Diego, for the wedding on Saturday. (Update: Specs have been added as of 11/6/05. See below.) So! Tomorrow will be just a little busier than usual.

Here's a front view:



You like how classy I am, with the tag sticking out the back? That, I promise you, will be cut off in time for the wedding:



Specs:

Pattern: Flower Basket Shawl, from Interweave Knits Fall 2004
Yarn: Two balls of Karabella Breeze, in Blush (26)
Needles: Boye interchangeables, size 9
Time to knit: About three weeks
Modifications: I knit this pattern as written, except that I used one strand of my yarn, rather than the double strand of laceweight alpaca used by the designer. I thus went up two needle sizes from the recommended size 7. And as all of you reassured me, it worked out just fine.

Thank you all again, for your input, advice, and encouragement on this project. You all rock! Real wedding pix to come after this weekend.

4 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Wow! Looks amazing! I am so impressed with your Mad Speed Knitting Skillz. If I had started that shawl when you did, it would probably be about the size of a largish piece of pizza.

Have fun in San Diego! Tell EVERYONE you knit your shawl yourself.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Marisa said...

Beautiful once again Ms. O! Lace is your thing. Thanks for sharing the pix with us. Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Ooooh purdy. I too am still in awe over how quickly you finished the FBS. Lace is so NOT my thing that I grovel before anyone whose thing it is.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Looks great! Shawl, dress - perfect combo. Have a great time in San Diego - and hope your panel went well today. Sorry I couldn't make it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home