Thursday, February 02, 2006

Silent Poetry Reading

In celebration of St. Brigid's Day, a bloggers' silent poetry reading. Found on Laura's blog, started by Grace's Poppies.

Vino Tinto by Sandra Cisneros

Dark wine reminds me of you.
The burgundies and cabernets.
The tang and thrum and hiss
that spiral like Egyptian silk,
blood bit from a lip, black
smoke from a cigarette.

Nights that swell like cork.
This night. A thousand.
Under a single lamplight.
In public or alone.
Very late or very early.
When I write my poems.

Something of you still taut
still tugs still pulls,
a rope that trembled
hummed between us.
Hummed, love, didn't it.
Love, how it hummed.

4 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Laura said...

La Sandra! I should have known! It's a great poem. I love the last two lines.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger chris said...

Beautiful poem- hopped on over from Laura's place to check out your wine selection. ;-) Like Laura, I especially love the last two lines. Lovely choice- thank you for sharing! Take care! :-)

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

I love this poem. I'm ashamed to say I didn't know Sandra wrote poetry, I'm so freakin' out of the loop sometimes. Which is pathetic since I work in a bookstore.

...oh and I am totally taking your Ghetto Knitter button. It's too cool.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Laura said...

O! You won the green alpaca fingering in my contest! I swear I did not cheat! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home