Friday, March 31, 2006

The oracle...um, I mean, the iPod, has spoken.

Like the Magic 8 Ball, but better. A meme from Bill.

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

Disclaimer:
These are from my iPod Shuffle, possibly the stupidest consumer purchase I've ever made. Hello?! Hardly any memory and I can't pick the songs I want to play? Oh, yes, I will pay you $100 for that! Anyway, point being that the music selection is on the limited side (which is why you see certain artists crop up more than once).

How does the world see you?
"One Step Closer," U2

Will I have a happy life?
"Don't Lie," Black Eyed Peas

What do my friends really think of me?
"Starry Eyed Surprise," Paul Oakenfold

What do people secretly think of me?
"Standing," Patti Griffin

How can I be happy?
"Useless Desires," Patti Griffin

What should I do with my life?
"Gold Digger," Kanye West

Will I ever have children?
"Dum Diddley," Black Eyed Peas

What is some good advice for me?
"Love and Peace or Else," U2

How will I be remembered?
"You're Not From Texas," Lyle Lovett

What is my signature dancing song?
"Can't Let Go," Lucinda Williams

What do I think my current theme song is?
"Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You," Lauryn Hill (covering Frankie Valli)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"Mine Again," Mariah Carey

What song will play at my funeral?
"Like That," Black Eyed Peas

What type of men/women do you like?
"Come Rain or Come Shine," Don Henley (covering Frank Sinatra)

What is my day going to be like?
"Brighter Than Sunshine," Aqualung

I'm tagging Jennifer, Marisa, Gigi, and anyone else who wants to play!

7 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Freddy y Blue Demon said...

If you ain't no punk, holla we want prenups!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Bill Norris said...

Are those for real?

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger knitannie said...

I love that your going to be Gold Digger, that is classic!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Laura said...

You totally made up the Kanye West and Lyle Lovett answers. You must have, because that is just too funny.

I'm going to have to try this one!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Nothing says "I'm a gold digger!" like getting a PhD...

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Marisa said...

The Lyle Lovett answer is just too apropos. Creepy!

I played along too.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Knitroglycerin said...

Oh my goodness this is really weird. In the creepy mind-communication-with-Olga-whom-I
have-yet-to-meet-in-the-flesh department, I am a Lucinda Williams and Lyle Lovett junkie. I own all of Lyle Lovett's albums and am shy one? two? Lucinda Williams CDs. "Told you Baby/ One more time/ Don't let me sit all alone and cry/ Well it's over, I know it but I can't let go./ I'm like a fish outta water/ A cat in a tree/ You don't even wanna talk with me/ Well it's over, I know it but I can't let go."

"You say you're not from Texas/ Man, as if I couldn't tell/ You think you pull your boots on right and wear your hat so well/ So pardon me my laughter/ 'Cause I sure do understand/ Even Moses got excited when he saw the promised land."

And I certainly am not from Texas, but I stumbled on this music by chance, and I got totally hooked on Lyle Lovett and then discovered Lucinda Williams, Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark, Robert Earl Keen, Steve Earle, Whiskeytown... Speaking of which, have you seen the little indie gem "Sunshine State"? "Can't let go" is part of the soundtrack and fits nicely with the story. Given the sort of music you like, I think it might be worth the rental.

Okay, this has nothing whatsoever to do with knitting, and I need to update muh blog, but there you go. I even have a playlist on my iPod called "Lyle & Lu." I'll email it to you if you like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home