Sunday, March 05, 2006

Skirt season.

Please visit the Sew? I Knit! blog to see my latest creation.

Sewing is such a heady experience. You can spend two weeks knitting something, and have it be utterly lovely, but spending an afternoon or two and whipping out a skirt...woot! Instant gratification!

I'll never give up my knitting, though, so never fear. There's no substitute for the tactile pleasure of the yarn and the needles. Plus, sewing just about killed my back! My roommate joked that I wouldn't last an hour in a sweatshop. No kidding! Those men and women (and sometimes children) have my utter respect.

6 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow, that skirt is so beautiful. It really looks professional, and I love that fabric you chose. Hurrah for it even being warm enough to wear it outside (not something we're having here in CT yet!!!)

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger chris said...

Your skirt is gorgeous, Miss O!! The fabric you chose is beautiful and the cut and style are so flattering on you. I love it paired with that tank, too.. very cute! I'm glad you've got someone keeping an eye on that zipper of yours, too. ;-) I bow down to your knitting skillz- awesome job!! Take care! :-)

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Laura said...

So pretty! I love it. I wish I could sew, but I am afraid that's not a skill I'll be learning while I have small children. LOL! Hope you are well down there in the sunshine and heat, chica! :)

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Marisa said...

OK lady, why do I have to read in a blog about your zipper-watchers?

it's a good thing I can read between the knitting lines.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger BellaKarma said...

Super skirt! Wish I had it in my wardrobe! I've been thinking about purchasing Sewing for Dummies (I have Crochet/Knitting/Jewelry-Making for Dummies). Do you find ourself gaining a lot of information from the book?

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow, your skirt looks fab. Love the fabric. I can't get over how it's possible, in early March, to wear skirts with sandals. I need to get over it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home