Sunday, April 23, 2006

This is most certainly not blogging.

Because I am actually studying and writing. Really and truly.

But since I had to post the FO pictures for my sockapaloooza socks, so that I could make the update on Tuesday, this is a bare-bones post. And not really blogging.

Sockapaloooza Socks!




Pattern: Rib and Cables, from Interweave Knits Fall 2004
Yarn: Hill Country Yarn, in Pecan Grove
Needles: Boye dpns, size 1

I might update later with the gauge and dimensions, when I have time to be a good knitting blogger. These are technically not FOs, because I have yet to weave in the ends, but they are GOOD ENOUGH for a photo.

Y'all already know that I worry about the fit, never having made socks for anyone else, but I love the yarn and the pattern, with all its little quirks (yo short rows, cone shaped toe). I am not a sockster, not just yet, so I appreciated the chance to knit the heel and toes in a way that is new to me.

OK, this is now turning into a real blog post, and it's not supposed to. Over and out!

9 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Those are awesome, your pal is going to love them!!! Okay, get back to studying and writing. We'll be here when you get back!!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Ina said...

Gorgeous socks! Congratulations on finishing!!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Laura said...

They are beautiful! I am certain your pal will find them to be the best socks she ever wore. :)

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger bfmomma said...

They're gorgeous! I love the pattern and the colors are so neat...

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love that colorway.
You did a most excellent job, and looks to me like you are definitely a sockster. :)
Good luck with your studying!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I think they're lovely! What a pretty green.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Knitroglycerin said...

I have a song. It's called "We're crammin'," and it's by Bob Marley. Can you feel the groove? Congrats on the socks! I came across something hilarious on a French blog this morning - a woman actually sells see-through boots so you can show off your hand-knit socks! How clever is that? See http://www.10pelotes.com/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=80391 and scroll all the way down. Enjoy!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Your socks look great - I'm sure your pal will love them. I like the colors in particular.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Spinningsue said...

Everybody is absolutely right! My socks are gorgeous and I LOVE them! I've got tears in my eyes writing this - what a dork! - but these are the first socks knitted for me by someone else and they are perfect. They fit perfectly and I really adore the colours! Would you believe they are my first pair of green socks? Mad seeing as it's one of my favourite colours! Thank you so, so much Olga, you've made my year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home