Thursday, June 22, 2006

Pictures. For reals.

I've had it with the Blogger picture uploading nonsense. I'm going to post all my recent pix via Flickr, so unless there's a better way to do it, they're all going to appear as separate posts. C'est la vie.

A little background on where I've been lately: I was on a maid-of-honor tour of duty this past weekend, flying out to New Jersey to collect my boyfriend, who was celebrating his birthday with his family, then driving up to Rochester for the wedding on Saturday.

The wedding was lovely, the weather was perfect, but in terms of knitting, not so great. I took Trellis (it really does exist! not just on paper!), and the airplane knitting was fine, but truly, it is not a road trip project. The lace yarn threatened to slip off my aluminum needles with every bump, and yeah, there were a few bumps. Sadly, I had to put it away after a while and resign myself to listening to Bill's iPod (just kidding, babe! I heart Bruce!).

Sunday night, we got back to Jersey early enough to have dinner at Carmen's, where they have delicious pizza (I'm not saying it's better than Chicago style, just different, and good). Afterward, Bill took me to the Jersey Shore. I said, well, I've already been to the beach. Clearly, though, I hadn't been to the Shore. We went to Point Pleasant to visit the baby boardwalk, and scored all kinds of junk playing Skeeball and video poker.

Here's a picture of the bi-species stuffed toy we brought back and decided to call Mouskey:



Is he a mouse? Is he a monkey? We debated this for minutes on end, yet my roommate took one look at him and pronounced him a monkey. Why? Because the tag says so, duh.

Now I'm back in Austin and trying to switch from vacation mode to work mode. Such a drag! Is it the weekend yet? :-)

6 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Bill Norris said...

So, when you're snoring in the passenger seat, you're "listening?" Good to know.

 
At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a great weekend trip! Love the purse that you made great colors! Trellis is looking great : )
Good luck switching from vacaction mode to work mode!

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

My vacation isn't for another 4 weeks yet I'm already in vacation mode! I feel your pain!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Do you think the Mouskey was one of Dr. Moreau's creations? I like the color of the Trellis - it looks like it will be very soft and airy not just because it's lacey and airy already, but more so because of the color. Well, you know what I mean...

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Knitroglycerin said...

Holy cow, girl; how many projects do you have on your needles right now? I only have one, but each row takes longer... and longer... - it's the Fibertrends Leaf Lace Shawl. I'm going to start row 132. I envy your ability to hop from one project to the next. I would do the same if I weren't knitting on deadline and only on the metro.

So, you were in Joysey, huh? Sounds like you had a great time! I sympathize with the whole airplane knitting situation. Lace knitting on a plane is bad news even when your stitches aren't slipping off your needles. It's as though all that noise isn't conducive to concentrating on the simplest of repeats. Makes me feel kinda dumb, but it's true.

Anyway, hang tough with going back to work! You know, that hoop you need to jump through so you can buy more yarn... ;-)

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Freddy y Blue Demon said...

you should make one of these:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTnautie.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home