Sunday, July 16, 2006

Knitting blues.

What with work, and throwing bridal showers, and attending dissertation defenses (one good friend is responsible for two of those events, believe it or not), knitting hasn't been much in evidence around my house lately.

This morning, I wanted to start the baby sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (to make an outfit with the Baby Denim Pants from the same book), discovered my gauge was off, and couldn't find the right needle from my Boye interchangeables. I tried to remember the projects I had going, couldn't figure out where it might be, and finally had to look at my own sidebar to remember where the size 4s were! (In the camisole top, also from LMKG. I hadn't realized I was giving that book quite a workout.)

Man, it's a sad day when you have to check the Internet to find your knitting needles.

In the meanwhile, I just made the deadline for the most recent Sew? I Knit project.



This may be my last sewing project in a while, since I'll be moving apartments at the end of the month. Things'll be chaotic enough without fabric scraps and pins littering the dining room floor. Thank god knitting's so portable!

10 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Buech--moving sucks. Especially in Austin in the summer.

But your top is so cute! I love it.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

That was actually supposed to say "blech." But I giess "buech" works too.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger janna said...

Buech -- I think that's German for "blech" -- and I agree with Ashley about moving in Texas in the summertime.

I laughed at you looking on your blog to figure out where your needles are - that sounds like something I would do!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Marisa said...

another beautiful creation!

As for your move, I'm sure you'll be unpacked before I am -- and I moved last year!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Karen said...

That top is so cute!!! You are cracking me up with the "check the internet to find your knitting needles" thing. LOL Much happiness in your new apartment.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Cute top! It looks very cool and Summery.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Knitroglycerin said...

Heck, Olga, if you can sew, knit, and be fabulous all at the same time, this move will be a breeze! I mean lookachu. Don't worry about the occasional space-out. I was desperately looking for my Denise 8s the other day to swatch for my Dad's birthday sweater and found them under my chest of drawers in a Red Heart Acrylic swatch (Ghetto Knitter Power!) for the IK's Sunrise Circle Jacket. Love the Red Heart Sierra colors but don't have the heart to buy anything more expensive.

If I may give an unsolicited tipn (it's a cardinal sin of mine): 3x5s. When things get to be so nuts you feel you can't keep up, make a to-do list for yourself for each day and carry it around with you with a pen so you can write down whatever pops into your mind. It sucks to be faced with the mountain of stuff you need to do, but at least you won't forget anything. I learned this my first semester of third year when I was working, taking two classes, and working at the Advocacy for the Elderly Clinic at school on a monster tort case. I lost stuff on the Metro three times - including my keys. I actually had to write on my list to look behind me when I got off the metro to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything.

It's only temporary, it'll be crazy and nooo fun, but think how good you'll feel once you'll be done! It's like when someone finally decides to stop the shock therapy. ;-p

Hang tough, you can do this!!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Laura said...

njpmmuHey O! Cute top! Moving sucks! Wish I could be there to help. Seriously.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Laura said...

oops. somehow my word verification ended up in my comment.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

i'm super impressed you made that top from a Goodwill scarf. it's very cute. hope your move goes well - I know all too well moving in Tx in July is no picnic. but I'm sure you'll be happy in your new place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home