Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Now we are one. Hundred.

Guess whose blogiversary is today?


And believe it or not, this is my one hundredth post! I couldn't possibly have planned it this way, seeing as how I can barely plan my outfits in the morning or what I'm having for lunch.

(Do you guys remember Garanimals? Now there's wardrobe planning for you. I wonder what those would look like for big girls? ;-)

Anyway, this is a major milestone for me. Not because I've learned tons of new things about knitting (although I have), and not because I've made so many new friends (although this is absolutely true), but because I never thought, once I started blogging, that I would ever be able to keep it up on a regular basis. I thought for sure I would be kicked off the webrings by the second or third week.

Look at me, guys! I can commit to something! Woo hoo!

To celebrate, I could spend time giving you highlights of the year, or working on an anniversary knit (Laura's brilliant idea, to re-knit one item to see if she could do it better), but I'm not that clever. All I got is yarn.

Did she say yarn?

Yes! My very first contest! Leave a comment between today and midnight Saturday, July 22 (CST), and I will choose a lucky winner with a random number generator to receive two skeins of Claudia's Handpainted fingering weight yarn in Purple Midnight. I don't have my own picture, but trust me, the colors are truly breathtaking.

Good luck!!

27 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Freddy y Blue Demon said...

I really, really hope I win the skines. If I should be so lucky to win, I plan on donating the skines to charity, because there are other people out there who could use the skynes more than I could. There's nothing more satisfying than the look on a child's face when he (or she) opens up a present and discovers a pile of skiynes. What joy!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Sock yarn! Sign me up.

And happy 100!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Olga said...

Freddy,

You are such a freak.

love,

O

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy Blogiversary!
Are you coming to see the Yarn Harlot next week?

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! 100 posts? You're my idol.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Karen said...

When I saw the post title, I thought for sure you were talking about the outdoors temperature!! I'm sure that's almost 100 too. :( This 100 is much much better though. I would've wished you huge congrats even if there wasn't yarn at stake. Pretty yarn too. Pick me, pick me!! :)

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Happy blogiversary -- looking forward to the next 100.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

Happy blogversary! I used to love Garanimals. I only ever had 1 shirt and 1 pair of pants though. They didn't sell them in the Bronx!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger test said...

Happy blogiversary

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger PBnJ said...

Happy Blogiversary AND 100th post! Wow - neat that it worked out that way!

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yarn - yay!! Congrats on your blogversary :)

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger janna said...

Pretty yarn! I would take very good care of it!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

happy blogiversary, Olga! that cupcake looks awesome.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

happy blogiversary, Olga! that cupcake looks awesome.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Great job on your blog. I really enjoy reading it. Maybe I should post and say that then, huh? Well, here it is. :)

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations and happy 100!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Happy Day! I can understand about missing Garanimals. I recently added a pair or brown pants to my standard navy-black-khaki rotation and it completely threw off the shirt balance.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger kaleidoscoptic said...

Congrats on your 100th. My blog is pretty new and I hope I keep it up as well as you do.
Sheri

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Miss Tonia said...

Happy 100th! Hope to read many more!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Yay for you! Happy 100 posts! That is so cool!

BTW, did you get an email from my yahoo account a week or so ago? I think messages from my yahoo account are not regularly arriving at their destinations.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm just checking in on the Amazing Lace pit stop -- your trellis stole WILL be lovely, whenever you finish it. Great color!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Marisa said...

Hey baby! (and blogging guardian angel) Congrats on the anniversary AND 100! (I can't believe I hit 100 before you.)

Anyway, DON'T sign me up for sock yarn. Can't handle another hobby, though others might think I need a new hobby other than the one(s) I currently have. ;)

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Cat said...

I'ts time to de-lurk.. I have been reading you for a while. Happy 100!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Knitroglycerin said...

Happy blogiversary! How're you holdin' up? Or maybe I shouldn't ask. Hmmm... Do count me in for the contest! Yaayyyy! Olga's having a contest, Olga's having a contest...

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger KODACHROME said...

Happy one-year-old blog! I read your blog often as I too am currently residing in the state of Texas, finding myself sweating profusingly while knitting sweaters that I may never get to wear! So hey--bring on the sock yarn, I say!

Thanks for your blog, and for the fun contest.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Wow--how'd you manage THAT? I agree that a coinciding blogiversary and 100th post is definitely knitterly karma shining on you. Congratulations!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger lo said...

Yay! I like sock yarn! Am I too late?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home