Saturday, October 28, 2006

48 Things You Could Care Less About

1. FIRST NAME? Olga

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My mom. I am Olga Lydia, and she is Olga Maria. She, in turn, was named after a shop in Monterrey called "Olga's Novedades."

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last Saturday. I connected in Chicago on my way back from Detroit and cried because I couldn't stay.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? It's a-ight. It's legible.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Roast beef.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I think so, except I'd probably spend the first week wondering if I really liked me (I have been told that I am somewhat inscrutable, but I'm actually just shy).

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? No, and I have never been able to keep one. I don't like being alone with my thoughts.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Oh, absolutely.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Banana Nut Crunch. But I eat Special K. :-/

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not unless they won't come off otherwise.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Vanilla with some kind of chocolate or caramel mixed in. Nuts are sometimes part of the equation.

14. SHOE SIZE? 5 1/2 or 6.

5. RED OR PINK? Cherry red.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My incomparable ability to procrastinate!

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My family.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? I think most everyone's done this one already.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? My jammies, still. Black lounge pants and a thermal gray long sleeved shirt.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? A Quaker Oats Oatmeal to Go bar. It was meh.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The latest Ritmo Latino podcast.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Oh, isn't that obvious? Red.

23. FAVORITE SMELL? My boyfriend's Old Spice.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Laura.

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Physically, their smile. Personality-wise, their intelligence and sense of humor.

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I definitely like Elizabeth's online personality, and one of these days we will cross the vast divide between Austin and Houston to meet, damnit.

27. FAVORITE DRINK? Right now, the Spiced Appletini at Fino.

28. FAVORITE SPORT? Huh?

29. EYE COLOR? Boring brown.

30. HAT SIZE? Small/medium.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Mostly, I do, but I just bought myself a new pair of glasses. Like em?

New glasses

32. FAVORITE FOOD? Burger and fries. Or sushi.

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Well, how about a scary movie with a happy ending?...nah, those are boring.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? I'll take summer over a Chicago winter anytime, but not over autumn.

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Yes, please.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Brownie ala mode.

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I think Jennifer should respond, because she hasn't posted in forever!

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Don't know...

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Right now, Where are the Voices? and Crystal Gazing in the Amber Fluid, two collections of poetry by Carlos Cortez.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? I've got a laptop, but you can see my Vickie Howell sticker in the above photo. I also have a Maneja Beto sticker on the other side.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? I rented Transamerica on DVD. First movie I've really liked in a while.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Rain. My niece's voice.

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Both.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Paris.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Raising one eyebrow. I used to practice a lot.

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Monterrey, Mexico.

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Elizabeth said I'd be most likely to respond (see number 38). So of course, I had to!

3 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Marisa said...

I had NO idea you were so talented!

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

I'm so glad there's someone besides me and Vim who replicates "a-ight" in print.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger meg said...

hey i'm named after my mom, too. she's margaret jackson, i'm margaret denton.

and i used to practice raising one eyebrow in the mirror, too. i don't think i can do it anymore. it's been too long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home