Thursday, October 12, 2006

Stealth Asian.



I cracked up when I saw this because I always get mistaken for Asian. The website actually returned quite a few more Asian actresses/celebrities, but I didn't post them--not because I have anything against looking Asian, but I just don't know who the heck they are. I don't know who these two are, either, but the one on the left resembles me most at 86%

Barbara Mori is the gorgeous actress from La Mujer de mi Hermano, a delightfully cheesy, melodramatic Mexican film released here recently. I love Jennifer Lopez, but I can acknowledge that I don't look anything like her. But Madonna was my fashion icon in high school, so needless to say I was pleased as punch to see her come up.

No wonder this is fun!

Thanks to Bill for the original photograph.

8 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I had to chuckle at the stealth Asian. I can actually see why people get that idea.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Laura said...

ok, i just ran this. here's who came up for me, who i recognized.

julie andrews
susan sarandon (sweet!)
sharon stone
christina ricci (huh?)
and,

(drum roll, please...)

barack obama.

wtf?!

so if you are a stealth asian, apparently i am a stealth african-american MALE.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger KODACHROME said...

What a lovely photo of you. I'll have to try this soon--

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, yes, Laura. I was just going to tell Olga that if she wants to keep her self-esteem intact to NOT look at any male matches! Ha,ha,ha! I tried this a few months ago and my male matches were: Fred Savage and Jimmy Carter! LOL!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Here's mine. I forgot to add that at one point I also got matched with Freddy Mercury and Prince Harry! (I think we all have the same cheekbones. . .)

One really cool thing, though? My son's picture got matched with someone I matched with, too. Genetics at work, folks! *grin*

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Pete said...

Nice photo, Olga. It's interesting how important hair color seems to be in this match thing. Maybe the lesson we should take from people's mistaking you for an Asian woman is that everybody wrongly believes they know what "races" look like.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Karen said...

How fun!! I just tried it too, and I had one Asian match as well. Also, Mike Meyers came up - LOL. I may post mine to my blog later. :)

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my half-Chinese cousins is mistaken for Native American, other half-Chinese cousins are mistaken for Latino--practically none of us get pegged as Asians! I should try this match and see what comes up :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home