Monday, November 20, 2006

Sweet Jesus, hallelujah.

News Corp. has pulled the plug on the OJ Simpson t.v. special and book, If I Did It.

Rupert Murdoch says that he and senior management agree that this was an ill-considered project. DUH! I heard this morning on The View that editor and publisher Judith Regan trotted out some shoddy excuse about wanting to help abused women with the release of the book and the special. Suuuure, I can see that, if you were possibly thinking about dating OJ Simpson. Anyone? Anyone?

Also, on a minor note, does the title bug anyone else? Shouldn't it be, If I'd Done It? Because the rest of the sentence would have to read, I would have burned the glove, would have driven faster on the freeway, etc. The tenses need to agree.

Crimes against grammar, yep. That's my thing.

4 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

If Simpson had even 1 ounce of character he would just disappear.

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, he keeps coming back to haunt us like a bad meal. Good riddance.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm so glad that this show/book isn't going to happen. I find the whole thing distateful.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger KODACHROME said...

"Ah, Fox and Rupert Murdoch taking once again the higher ground. Such ethical leaders, always pushing us to do the right thing. It's so grand of them..."*

*End the obnoxious, sarcastic voice-over here.

And re: the title? I agree, I agree. Poor taste. Poor values. Poor grammar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home