Wednesday, December 27, 2006

FO action.

I just wanted to share some pictures of my Christmas finished objects and their recipients. Sorry for the bad camera phone photo quality, but I left my camera in my friend's car and haven't retrieved it yet.

mom's socks

My mom's Broadripple socks, in Cascade Fixation.

marie's scarf

My friend Marie's Mistake Rib scarf in Noro Sumile.

sarah's armwarmers

My friend Sarah's armwarmers in Noro Kureyon. (I'm especially pleased with the way these turned out. I think some mitts with the leftover yarn is in order.)

Hurray! Holiday knits are DONE. I've swatched for the Sweet Mary Jane cardigan, but I skipped the sachet instructions that come with the pattern...it just didn't make any sense to me to knit a gauge swatch in the round on fiddly size 6 dpns when the cardigan is knit flat. I cast on today and knit two rows.

I'm at the Harold Washington Library in downtown Chicago right now and will leave you with a picture of what I've decided has to be one of my most favorite places in the city: the Winter Garden.

winter garden

Sigh. I love this town.

I'll be back to regular blogging and blog reading on January 3. Until then, have a safe and happy New Year's Eve!

3 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger Marisa said...

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this mean I have to give you back?

C'mon, stay and we can build a secret fort in the winter garden. They'll never find us.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Your FO's look great - I love the colors in the socks! Sorry we didn't have the chance to get together. :-( December just plain got away from me. But, I'm glad you had a nice visit and too bad we couldn't get you some real hard-core Chicago weather while you were here!

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Hey, I had missed this post too. Darn mean old Bloglines. Grrr. Your Christmas knits all came out beautifully, and I'm sure all of the giftees loved them. What a great picture of the Garden. It must be an awesome place to visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home