Friday, December 15, 2006

Secret gift knitting. (Oh, you knew there had to be one.)

I'm leaving for Chicago tonight, and Bill is coming to pick me up any second to take me to the airport. So I before I go, I wanted to unveil my secret gift knit this holiday season.


A Harry Potter Hogwarts Scarf for the Boy, and some treats for his pup.
Specs:
Yarn: Cascade 220, in colors 2413 (scarlet) and 2415 (gold).
Needle size: 7 circulars
Notes: No modifications....just pure stockinette fun, boys and girls. It turned out to be about 66" long, which, um, someone do the math for me...is about five and a half feet.
He's going to be mad, because we agreed to exchange gifts after we get back from spending the holidays with our respective families. But you see, I couldn't send him off to New York without a wooly scarf. Merry Christmas, baby.
And happy holidays to all of you, my sweet knitblogger friends!

6 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Ha! No wonder you had Gryffindor colors on the brain.

Safe travels to Chicago--and have a great break!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I agree - can't send him to NYC without a scarf. Although it's been in the 50s here in the Northeast - LOL. It's supposed to get colder though, so he'll need it.

Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Marisa said...

(jumps up and down in excitement)

Yay! Yay! Yay! You're coming to Chicago! I cannot believe I will be able to get my "O" fix in less than 48 hours.

Yay.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Bill Norris said...

It's a pretty freaking cool scarf. And, yes, I am that big of a geek that I like a Potter scarf. A lot.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Awesome! Great job. If I see Bill in Brooklyn, I'll look forward to seeing his scarf in person.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What a fun, awesome scarf! Love it!

Have a happy and peaceful holiday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home