Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Gift.



Not from me. From designer Celeste Culpepper.

Anyone who wants to knit her Sweet Mary Jane Cardigan pattern, formerly sold through Knitpicks, can call them and get Celeste's email address. And she will send it to you as a PDF, for free.

UPDATE: Celeste has given permission to email her directly. You can write her at ccbc at netidea dot com.

Her one request? Well, in her own words:

If the knitter would like to send a donation to Yarn Harlot's Knitters without Borders, that would be sweet.

Incredible. Celeste, you are the sweet one.

I should say here, too, that the cardigan was named for the designer's mother. The catalogue copy accompanying the pattern said:

In 1984, my mother died of breast cancer. That was two decades ago. The fact that mothers, sisters and daughters are still dying of breast cancer saddens us all. The journey into the hospital system with all of the anxieties, stress and isolation is one filled with grief and hope. I have designed this bed jacket as a tribute to my mother Mary Jane, and to all who are having to make this journey.

Thanks to Sara for also investigating this issue with Knitpicks and commenting here about it. Sara, send me your email address or something! I don't know if it's a Blogger bug, but I have no return address information for you.

5 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Those Knitters! They sure are a generous bunch.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Oh, that IS nice. Yay!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger KODACHROME said...

Sweet MJ is so sweet. Can't wait to see it in process (I see you've got 1% done...yay!)

And as Nancy says, you can't beat the kindness of knitters.

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to email Celeste at the address you have posted but it get rejected. Any ideas on how to get the Sweet Mary Jane pattern ? I tried several times through Knit Picks and they were always sold out.
Thanks in advance.
Sheila

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Olga said...

Sheila,

I just emailed Celeste to check if the address was working, and she responded. Try again, and check carefully to make sure there are no typos in the address you use.

best,

O

 

Post a Comment

<< Home