Friday, June 08, 2007

Happy days.

To borrow a line from Melanie Hamilton Wilkes:


"The happiest days are when babies come."

My new niece, who wasn't supposed to be here for another month, made her way into the world on Tuesday! Her name is Clara Victoria, and although she is a tad premature, she's doing absolutely fine, as is her mom. My sister, who'd been scheduled for a c-section, went in for a routine check, and the doctors were concerned about the baby's heartbeat (which was too fast or not fast enough, I'm not entirely sure). So they decided to have her out that very day!

My mom, who flew out to California with my dad the very next day, reports that the baby has a lot of dark hair, is beautiful, and doesn't even look like a preemie. I'm pretty much jonesing hard for a picture, and will definitely hold a long grudge against my brother-in-law if he can't get me at least one little picture, soon! (ha ha! just kidding, J! I'll settle for a cell phone shot!)

Because babies don't respect schedules, especially knitting schedules, my projects are now officially late:


Story of my life. I've got to get cracking.

9 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Freddy y Blue Demon said...

all right!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger meg said...

congrats! so exciting.

and better late than never.

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so hooray on the baby- my nephew was 7 weeks early and he's turned into a fine strapping kid. i made that wrap sweater for my niece; it was fun to knit and a big hit w my bro and s-i-l.suec

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Karen said...

How exciting!!! Congrats to you and your family. And I'm so glad everything is fine with the baby - it's always scary when the doctors decide they need to be born early. Thanks for the GWTW fix too - Melly always new best. :)

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger a friend to knit with said...

Ahhh! congrats Auntie! And congrats to the family as well.....Love what you are making sweet Clara!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger lo said...

Congratulations, Tia Olga! I just spent the weekend with my little nephews: having a gaggle is so much fun!
How is your other niece taking it?

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Ooh, that's like what happened with my nephew. Scary while it's happening, but exciting afterwards.

Just remember: you're not late, she was early! She has no one to blame but herself. Luckily, it'll be a while before she can complain :)

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Pete said...

Hey Olga, I just saw this. What great news! Glad mom and baby are OK. Knit fast.

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrast to you and your sis! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home