Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What I did on my summer vacation.


(pier photo by Jenn)

Just got back from my Cancun vacation, y'all! Seven days of swimming, and reading, and lounging about...oh, and some knitting, too. I decided to start a new project with yarn that wouldn't be unbearable to the touch in 95 degree weather with 100% humidity, so I settled on this sweet top from the latest Vogue Knitting.
The Euroflax linen was the perfect choice; in fact, its roughness was softened up a bit by the humidity in the air. I could tell the yarn was drying out on the flight back because it got scratchier!

Anyway, I'd love to write more, but I got laid up with a nasty cold bug the day after I got back and the only thing I'm really good for right now is lying on the couch to watch Buffy and bad afternoon television programs. I missed you all, though, and maybe I'll try rousing myself later to catch up on some blog reading.

In the meantime, I made this awesome soup for myself last night. If it's not too hot where you are, you really need to try it!

11 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is it with getting sick right after vacation? happened to me last week as well...but i guess it's better than getting sick on vacation! hope you're feeling better!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger meg said...

love the top, love the pictures, and the soup sounds delish. sorry you sick. that happens to me when i travel, too.

your pics make me so anxious to get to playa. we are in the process of booking our honeymoon at a super fancy adult only (meaning 13+) 6 star resort. we've never been on a vacay that didn't require family before so we're going all out on this one.. can't wait. i just hope the weather is as beautiful as it was for you!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger PCR said...

Looks like you had a great vacation!
The top looks very cute!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I am so sorry that you're not feeling well! I ALWAYS get sick after travelling on an airplane.

Glad you had such a great vacation, though! That looks like big fun. :)

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger a friend to knit with said...

Sit at the bar and swing??? How fun is that?!
Looks like a fabulous vacation!
Hope you are feeling better

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

urgh, I hope you feel better soon!
I'm just going to stare at your vacation pictures for a little bit, k? Love the top you started btw.

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

The pictures are like postcards! And that top is sooo cute. :)

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Karen said...

What an awesome looking vacation and pretty little top. That stinks about the cold though - at least it didn't hit until after you had your fun vacation. That soup recipe looks soooo yummy!!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger lo said...

Wow, that looks like fun-- the vacation and the knitting.
Good thing you get to have your post vacation vacation.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What a relaxing vacation! I'm glad you had a good time.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

Yay, welcome home! Although boo, sick. At least you had a good time while you were gone--and that top is going to be adorable. I'm knitting a shopping tote with some Euroflax right now and it is dry and scratchy as all get-out. Maybe I should go off to Cancun to finish it....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home