Monday, July 09, 2007

Goodwill goodness.

I'm so excited about my latest thrift store finds that I had to share:

Sigh. I love this blouse so much. I think I may marry it.

I washed it by hand so that I could wear it right away, since I'd just done my laundry last Friday. And I loathe handwashing. There was a teeny little spot on the front that came right out with the help of my Clorox bleach pen. Which is the best invention since...oh, maybe the lightbulb. Seriously.

And then, in spite of my ongoing efforts to declutter, I couldn't help but bring back this beauty.

It's a handmade pitcher/vase, and I couldn't resist the color and the glaze.

I'm not always this lucky, but I went in completely on the spur of the moment and just skimmed around to see what popped out at me. It's one of my favorite ways to have a weekend adventure.

PS: Has anyone seen La Vie en Rose, the Edith Piaf biopic? Just to add my two cents worth--Marion Cotillard as Piaf is astonishing. She portrays the singer from young womanhood to the last years of her decline, transforming herself seamlessly from a wild young girl to an unconventional beauty, to a prematurely old woman, shriveled by addiction and poor health. The movie itself is entertaining. Definitely worth seeing!

8 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I don't know - I think you always seem to have incredible luck at Goodwill! I think it calls to your subconscious when something good is there. :)

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Nice thrift store finds! That is a very pretty blouse.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger la rebelde said...

what a great thrift store trip! i never have that much luck.

i'm definitely going to have to try that clorox pen--everyone's talking about it. geez, i sound like a commercial.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Cat said...

The blouse is so good looking! And I agree with you about the Edif Piaf movie!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger meg said...

I LOVE that blouse. What a great find. love it!!!

Thanks for the recommendation. I was thinking about that movie and now know I must go see it.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger KODACHROME said...

Oh what a pretty pretty blouse. I would have also washed it immediately so as to wear it all weekend :) And I'm loving that vase, as well. The color! The color!

Thanks for the film recommendation. I've been wanting to see it, but am worried it might not come to the theatres here(trust me, this Texas town doesn't always attract the best movies; but I could go and watch Bruce Willis or Disney animals on 82 screens tonight if I wanted too. [But I don't!] Oh to live in Austin... SIGH.

Hope you're having a good summer.

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is one fantastic blouse! great find!
btw what is your raverly screen name? mine is amandacathleen (God that sounds so juvenile!)

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger floresita said...

I too, would like to marry your blouse - it's amazing! I caught myself staring at a similar one with red embroidery the other day in apark - I stared and coveted it so much I think I scared the girl who was wearing it! :)

I was dying to see that film - I'll have to check it out! p.s. check your inbox for some monkey love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home