Sunday, August 05, 2007

Morning conversations.

"The Easter Bunny gave me a basket at Easter. It had toys and candy. And Hot Cheetos."

******

"I have an idea. When you finish school and find a job, you could live with us in L.A. and we could teach you how to drive. But you'll have to leave your car in Texas." I asked why. "Because it won't fit in the plane!"

******

"I don't like those," my niece says, pointing to the scones. "I like Froot Loops." I wrinkled my nose. I don't like Froot Loops, I say. "Do you like macaroni and cheese?" Yes! "Do you like tuna fish?" Yes! "Do you like cucumber rolls?" I say, what do you mean? "Sushi!" I ask, do you like salmon? "Yes! I eat salmon every time I go to sushi." Do you like unagi? "No. I love octopus!"

Having a great time in L.A.! I'll post about nieces and baby blankets as soon as I can get set up with my own laptop here. Hope you're all enjoying the hot lazy days of August.

6 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Cute! I got to spend some time with my nieces this weekend myself. "Auntie" is really one of the best gigs around. :)

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger lo said...

I love being an auntie. Last week I took my nieces for pedicures, and then to old navy. They grow up so quickly!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger meg said...

Oh! Enjoy your stay.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Marisa said...

Only a kid who has magic in her eye could possibly have these conversations!

Send my love to your sis and the family (the new one's too cute!).

M

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger la rebelde said...

it's definitely fun to be tía! call me if you have a free moment--maybe we can meet up for tea!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger jennifer said...

your niece is way more hip than i am. oh, you city girls! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home