Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Gauge yarn store.

UPDATE: Gauge is reopening on Saturday, October 27, at 11 am. They are located at 5406 Parkcrest Drive Austin, TX 78731. Yay!

This post is for you Austinites and Central Texans out there:

Gauge, the new local yarn store that I blogged about recently, is temporarily closed for internal restructuring. Only temporarily.

I've been in contact with the owner Karli, who hand-delivered a book that I'd ordered (EZ's Knitter's Almanac, yay!) to me last night. She assured me that the store is not closed for good, but that she is working out the business issues and that she hopes to be open by the end of this month.

I'm on their email list, so when I get the notice that they've opened their doors again, I'll let y'all know.

Real knitting content to come soon, I swear.

1 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Is it weird that I'm interested in this yarn store, even though it's not likely I'll ever have a chance to visit? I was so relieved when I got to the part where you said they will re-open. After all, a good yarn store is hard to find.

Looking forward to the "real" knitting content too (although this was real in my book!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home