Friday, May 04, 2007

Knitting ADD.

I've got what you might call a severe case of knitterly ADD lately. Could it be because the semester's over! (Woo hoo!) Could it be because I unofficially stopped teaching two weeks ago because I smartly built in student presentations on the syllabus? (Can I get a whut whut?)

Well, the celebrating's a bit premature, because, alas there are still papers to grade. But behold the fruits of my work avoidance:

This is the Roundabout Leaf Tank (I think that's what the name is) from Knitting Nature, in Berroco Denim Silk (such a misnomer, there's so little silk in there and so much synthetic fiber). I started this a while ago, and have been knitting a little on it here and there.


Pasha! It's a penguin! Look, look! The magic of short rows. So cool.

Sweet Mary Jane, which I started a very, very long time ago (mmm, maybe around Christmas?). At first the lace pattern was giving me some grief, but ever since I switched from jump rings to regular Susan Bates stitch markers, it's been easy going. I've made quite a bit of progress lately! Which you can't really tell from the little bit of progress I had before, but trust me on this one.
The Lullaby baby blanket for my niece-to-be. I finally chose...you got it, Caron's Simply Soft in this pretty mint green. Searched though I might, there is no Cotton-Ease to be had in the Austin area Michael's or Hobby Lobbys. S'ok, though, because I'm really happy with this color, which seems to have a pearly luminescence. Not bad for acrylic, eh?

Today, though, I got what I think will be my cure for the knitting ADD. The yarny equivalent of Ritalin, if you will.

The big reveal for next time!

7 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Student presentations at the end of the term! Right on, sister!

I want to see what's in the box!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Aww, Pasha! Isn't he a great little knit! And hmm....is that a kpixe shipment I spy? Can't wait to see the contents :)

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger a friend to knit with said...

lots of great projects! love the roundabout!.....yes, will be looking forward to seeing what is in the package!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

We've got Cot-Ease here, let me know what you want and I can pick it up for you. But, first you have to tell me what's in the box. ;-)

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger la rebelde said...

whut, whut! girl, you must have some serious ADD because that's a lot of projects going on over there. can't wait to see the results. happy summer vacation! (oh wait, does that even apply to us?)

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Ahhhh, how could you leave us with a cliff-hanger??? LOL Oh well. Your current WIPs are all great, of course! :)

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger meg said...

whut whut!

ugh, i wanted to just say that but dang, you have so much knitting going on. i've thought about using that yarn for some baby schtuff, too. glad to hear it's working up well. i'm think that or the baby ull by dalegarn. hmmm...........

enjoy the time off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home